With Federal City Private Tours, you are in complete control of your experience! We offer our guests custom itineraries, the most experienced professional guides in the city and personal chauffeured luxury transportation. You may pay more or you may pay less, but you will not find a better private tour in all of Washington, DC! In keeping with our attentive service, here are some answers to our most frequently asked questions to help you navigate your visit to DC.
It’s like the difference between a SmartPhone and a landline: Both are phones, but that’s pretty much where the similarities end! Lightyears apart in versatility and convenience, a private tour is far more than an Uber driver, pointing out the obvious. We offer the peace of mind of developing your own itinerary based on your unique interests and individual time constraints. Other tours force-feed unimaginative itineraries, accompanied by stale, scripted narration delivered by barely there, part-time guides. Our private, full-service approach, along with experienced, professional guides, means you’ll cover more of DC, in depth and in less time than other tours, making Federal City Private Tours an exceptional value!
Most of our tailor-made tours are 3 or 4 hour full service events. However, we are the only reputable tour company offering an exclusive two-hour driver / guided Express tour for guests short on time. We will also happily customize your half day, full day, or multiple day tours itineraries!
Our driver / guided tour is an economical brief highlight tour of the city, with your guide also serving as your driver. Our full-service tour is a longer, more detailed experience, with both a chauffeured-driven vehicle and tour professional, who personally escorts you through each site, offering a more in-depth presentation.
Because every tour is customized, therefore, different, contact us for a precise quote. However, the following guidelines should help:
- 2-hr driver / guided* DC Express tour start at $295 (1-5 guests); longer driver / guided Express tours are available;
- Fully guided tour** in luxury sedan or Towncar start at $450 (2 guests);
- Fully guided tour** in luxury SUV start at $560 (up to 5 guests);
- Fully guided tour** in luxury Sprinter start at $690 (up to 12);
- Fully guided tour** in spacious Minibus start at $795 (up to 28);
- Call for pricing on our fully guided tour*** in a Motor Coach bus (up to 54);
- Call for pricing on our Step-On Guide Service***: Our tour guide steps-on your vehicle.
- Call for pricing on our 10 passenger stretch limousine!
* Driver / Guided tours have a two-hour minimum; ** Fully Guided Tours have a three-hour minimum; *** Step-On Guide Service & Motorcoaches have four-hour minimums.
Please call or email us for pricing on longer tours.
Nope! We specialize in presenting history to all ages, in a fun and interesting way. We just have to find the right fit: For those with “shorter” attention spans, the faster-paced DC Express tour is ideal. If your child loves or even likes history, they will be inspired!
Our exclusive DC Express tour has minimal amount of walking. For our full service tour, our vehicles get as close to the sites as allowed by law, but there is some moderate walking involved. Arlington National Cemetery is a walking tour, with a significant amount of walking. However, there is also a tram (for additional fee) available for those with mobility issues. Please call if you have any concerns.
Wherever you’d like: Hotel, restaurant, airport, Union Station, Metro station, friend’s house, Air B &B – anywhere! We pick you up, take you on the best tour of DC, and then drop you wherever you’d like!
The short answer is: EVERYTHING! You will see all the main attractions, which include:
Depending on the length of your tour, we’ll make stops at some of these sites.
Of course – Since we specialize in customized private tours of DC, we also recommend:
- Mount Vernon, home of George & Martha Washington
- Gunston Hall, home of George Mason, author of the Bill of Rights
- President Lincoln’s Cottage
- Emancipation Memorial
- Woodrow Wilson’s House
- National Cathedral
- Embassy Row
- Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
- Saint John Paul II National Shrine
- Franciscan Monastery of the Holy Land in America
- Luray Caverns
- Gettysburg and other Civil War sites, like Manassas, Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, or Antietam
- Day trips to Baltimore, Annapolis, Richmond, Williamsburg, Jamestown, or Atlantic Beaches
- Contact us for our complete list of Off The Beaten Path sites!
Simple: Click here! Call us at 202.709.6463 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember to leave name, contact phone number, specific tour date and time preferences, as well as the number of guests. We always try to accommodate your first choice, but as our tours are in such high demand, we appreciate your patience!
- Our team vows to respond to you, quickly!
- We set up a tour consultation (phone call) to establish your tour parameters.
- We quote a fair price.
- We send an invoice securely through PayPal.
- You enjoy the trip of a lifetime!
We do require a conditionally refundable deposit to actually book the tour. A second invoice is sent 7 days before your tour to pay the balance. Of course, many guests opt to pay all at once, via PayPal.
Experience A Tour Like No Other!
Washington, DC’s only BBB accredited private tour company!